Medication Refill Policy
Our goal is to assist our patients with prescription requests in an efficient and timely manner. Due to the volume of prescription requests, we have created the following guidelines to help meet these goals.
1. It is the patient’s responsibility to notify the office in a timely manner when refills are necessary. Approval of your refill may take up to three (3) business days, so do not wait to call. If you use a mail order pharmacy, that will take additional seven (7) days.
2. Medication refills will only be addressed during regular office hours (Monday – Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm). No prescriptions will be refilled on Saturday, Sunday or Holidays.
3. Your provider will prescribe the appropriate number of prescription refills to last until your next scheduled appointment. Generally, when you are down to zero refills, it is time to schedule a follow up appointment. We prefer you request any refills of your medications at the beginning of your office visit.
4. Prescription refills require close monitoring by your provider to ensure its safety and effectiveness. So it’s our practice policy to perform required blood work at least every six months.
5. Patients requesting new prescriptions or antibiotics must be seen for an appointment. They are not prescribed over the phone because it generally requires an office visit.
6. Refills can only be authorized on medication prescribed by providers from our office. We will not refill medications prescribed by other providers.
7. Some medications require prior authorization. This process can take anywhere from 3-5 business days. Neither the pharmacy nor the provider can guarantee that your insurance company will approve the medication. Please check with your pharmacy or your insurance company for updates.
8. Patient taking medications for multiple chronic conditions are asked to see provider every 3-6 months.
9. It is important to keep your scheduled appointment to ensure that you receive timely refills. If you miss or cancel your scheduled appointment, we can only send refill up to 30 days so you can schedule your appointment before next 90 days refill. Repeated no shows or cancellations will result in a denial of refills.
10. For any acute, unresolved condition which is persistent or worsening symptoms, refills are not granted and an office visit may be required to treat the condition appropriately.
11. If you have any questions regarding medications, please discuss these during your appointment.
12. We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for refill if there are multiple requests for prescriptions requested outside of a visit.
Lab/Radiology Results Call back
1. To view the lab results online, patients are advised to set up themselves for patient portal.
2. In our practice, we encourage patients to get labs drawn before their upcoming routine follow up or Physical appointment (this is “recommended” but not mandatory).
3. Labs drawn before the day of appointment are reviewed with patient at the time of upcoming appointment, so please keep your appointment.
4. For labs drawn on the day of appointment, results can take 2-3 business days. Per office policy, if anything needs more discussion, our office will call you within 5 business days.
5. If lab or radiology result review warrants face-to-face appointment, our office might ask you set up an appointment so that you get a due attention to go over results and ask any questions related to your results.