Weight Management Program
Weight Management Program
Losing weight can be difficult and frustrating but maintaining it could be even harder. The doctors at Denton Family Practice Clinic understand the struggles of weight-loss firsthand. Our weight-loss program not only helps you to loose few pounds but also helps to keeps those extra pounds off. We call is “Weight-loss program for life”.
While it can be daunting to begin on the path toward a healthier lifestyle, the skilled team of physicians can put you at ease. Call or schedule a consultation online today to meet with the skilled team at Denton Family Practice Clinic to lose weight and improve your overall health.
Weight Loss Q & A
How can I lose weight?
Whether your goal is to lose 10 pounds or 100 pounds, the key to success is the personalized weight-loss plan our team will create for you. The doctors are experts in weight-loss, nutrition, and fitness for both men and women.
At Denton Family Practice Clinic, you are cared for based on your unique weight-loss goals and healthcare needs. Your doctor will assess both your current and goal weights, overall health, eating habits, and level of physical activity to develop a customized weight-loss plan for you.
What is a weight-loss plan?
At Denton Family Practice Clinic, your doctors will examine your lifestyle, your attitude toward food, and your knowledge of nutrition. This assessment will help them identify potential problem areas that may be making weight-loss harder for you.
You may be unwittingly engaging in certain choices that make it harder for you to accomplish your goals. With more information, you and your doctor will develop strategies for weight-loss so that you can avoid these pitfalls.
Besides teaching you about proper nutrition and exercise, your doctors will rule out other factors that make weight-loss difficult. These could include underlying health issues, poor sleep, and nutritional deficiencies.
Can health problems make it harder to lose weight?
Health problems can make it harder to lose weight by slowing down your metabolism, increasing your hunger, or decreasing your energy. Some common conditions that the doctors treat include hormonal imbalance, thyroid disorders, menopause, and low testosterone.
Your doctors will diagnose these conditions based on your medical history, your symptoms, and certain tests like blood and urine analysis. These conditions are managed through nutritional supplements, prescription medications, hormone replacement therapy, and proper nutrition.
When underlying health conditions are properly managed, it becomes easier to lose weight. With guidance from our specialized Health & Wellness coaches, you’ll have the knowledge and support you need to reach your weight-loss goals.
When are weight loss medications prescribed?
Weight loss medications are effective — they often help you lose 5% or more of your weight — but they’re never used alone. Diet, exercise, and behavioral modification are always the first-line treatment, then medications may be added.
You don’t have to face lifestyle changes alone. When you join our weight loss program, our staff dietitian works with you one on one to develop a diet plan and an exercise program that fits you and your circumstances.
Who is a good candidate for weight loss medications?
You may be a good candidate if you have a history of trying to lose weight, but either couldn’t lose it or couldn’t maintain a loss. Our team of Weight Loss Specialists may also recommend medications if you meet one of these conditions:
- Body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher
- BMI of 27 or greater with one comorbid condition (e.g. type 2 diabetes or high cholesterol or high blood pressure)
What weight loss medications are available?
The FDA has approved several weight loss medications, which means they have all passed rigorous tests to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Our Weight Loss Specialists doctors prescribe the latest FDA-approved weight loss medications, as well as older, established options.
Weight loss medication always requires that you have direct supervision by your physician. Your progress may be assessed every month for the first three months, then every three months afterward. It’s important to regularly check your weight loss, make sure you haven’t gained weight, and determine whether your diet and exercise plan may need adjustments.
Some of the medications frequently prescribed by our Weight Loss Specialists physicians include:
- Qsymia®: A combination of Phentermine-topiramate. Unique pill taken once daily that helps you minimize snacking and overeating
- Contrave®: reduces hunger and controls cravings; helps patients lose two to four times more weight than diet and exercise alone
- Belviq®: targets hunger receptors in brain so you feel full sooner; also available in extended release form
- Saxenda®: works like a hormone to regulate appetite and help you feel less hungry
- Adipex-P®: helps suppress your appetite; only used for a few weeks
What are Skinny Shots?
Skinny shots, also known as MIC or Lipotropic injections (Methionine Inositol Choline). (MIC) injections are shots specifically designed to help speed up your metabolism.
The following ingredients are what make the Skinny Shot work:
- Methionine: A protein-based amino acid that is essential for muscle growth and energy. It also helps preserve artery function, maintain healthy nails, hair, and skin, break down fat, and remove heavy metals from the body.
- Inositol: Used medicinally to help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body. Inositol may also be used to improve circulation, prevent hair loss, nourish the brain, and facilitate the conversion of nutrients to energy.
- Choline: Important for liver function, along with helping to remove toxins, and prevent fat from accumulating in the liver. With proper amounts of this nutrient in the diet each day, the chances of developing problems with the liver are reduced.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride: (Vitamin B6) Essential in numerous biochemical pathways involving red blood cells, the immune system, central nervous system function, protein metabolism, homocysteine metabolism, and also the production of energy. It is necessary for proper absorption of Vitamin B12.
- Methylcobalamin: (Vitamin B12) Essential for forming new, healthy cells in the body. It also boosts energy, helping to increase activity levels.
- L-Carnitine: The primary function of L-Carnitine is to convert lipids, or fats, into fuel for energy. Specifically, its role is to move fatty acids into the cells that reside within the protective membranes that surround cells, essential to provide energy for every cell in the body.
- Furthermore, MIC injections contain vitamins and such as vitamin B-12 and B-6.
MIC injections can be administered once a week for first three months on program and then every other week. When taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and a regular exercise program, patients may see up to a 5-10lb weight loss.
What are the benefits of Skinny Shots?
There are many benefits that come from taking regular MIC Injections.
- MIC injections may help anyone who’s hit a wall in their weight loss efforts. While skinny shots are not a replacement for a good diet and regular exercise, they may rev up your body’s metabolism to operate at peak efficiency, which will help assist you to lose weight more quickly.
- Since they are entirely composed of natural elements, such as vitamins and amino acids, skinny shots can be taken on a perpetual basis, up to once a week.
- Apart from the little prick when they are administered, MIC injections are pain-free. They can help you to avoid the frustration of trying out faddy diets that may not work for you. Moreover, they can easily fit into your weekly schedule.
- Besides weight loss, MIC injections may also give you more energy, and help increase your body’s overall well-being.
If you’re interested in using weight loss pills or skinny shots to achieve your goals, schedule an appointment with team of Weight Loss Specialists at Denton Family Practice Clinic today!