Do this enjoyable, wholesome twist on basic hen salad. Roast the hen just a few days forward to make it sooner to place this salad collectively. Or you possibly can use leftover roast hen or a store-bought rotisserie hen.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit educational medical middle. Promoting on our web site helps assist our mission. We don’t endorse non-Cleveland Clinic services or products. Policy
For the hen salad:
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 giant celery rib, finely chopped
¼ cup natural mayonnaise
1 small shallot, finely chopped
2 ½ tablespoons chopped recent herbs (dill, parsley, cilantro, tarragon, or
2 teaspoons recent lemon juice
1 pound roast hen breast, chopped into bite-size items
sea salt and pepper
eight ounces salad greens (spring combine, arugula, child kale, or romaine)
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
¾ cup recent raspberries
For the French dressing:
2 tablespoons walnut oil
1 tablespoon vinegar (champagne, raspberry, or pink wine)
salt and pepper
- Mix the walnuts, celery, mayonnaise, shallots, herbs, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir collectively till nicely blended.
- Add the chopped hen breast and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, as wanted.
- To assemble the dish, divide the greens into 4 parts on dinner plates.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar collectively till mixed and season with salt and pepper to style. Drizzle across the greens.
- Divide the hen salad into 4 parts and mound on prime of the greens.
- Add the sliced avocado and the raspberries across the edges of the plate.
Makes four servings.
Serving: ½ cup hen salad, 2 cups dressed greens
Saturated fats 4g
Ldl cholesterol 55mg
From the ebook, Eat Fats, Get Skinny, by Mark Hyman, MD