- Things to Bring for appointment
- Clinic Policy & Procedures
- Virtual Visit Policy
- Insurances Accepted.
THINGS TO BRING FOR APPOINTMENT:
Things to bring to your first appointment
- Your current Insurance Card and valid Photo ID.
- Current medication List.
- A list of your previous surgeries or conditions that you have received treatment for.
- Your vaccination record.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to allow us to verify your information and fill out any necessary paperwork.
** If you have a HMO insurance and you have another provider’s name listed as your PCP, please call your insurance company to have this changed before coming in for your appointment. Unfortunately, the insurance companies do not allow us to make this change on your behalf.
Things to bring on each appointment
1.Current Insurance card and Photo ID
- Current Medication List with dosages.
- Record of any recent ER/Hospital visit.
CLINIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- No Show Policy
- Medication Refill Policy
- Administrative Fee Policy
- No Show Policy
Patients failing to attend scheduled appointments, known as a “NO SHOW”, limit our ability to assist you in your time of medical need. A appointment slot left open by a “NO SHOW” could have been used to help another person who needed care same day for being sick. In an effort to combat this issue, please read the following policy:
- You can be dismissed from the practice if you repeatedly NO SHOW for scheduled appointments without providing at least 24 hour advance notice.
2. Medication Refill Policy
Usually your physician gives you enough refill for the period at the end of which he/she will like to see you back.
If it is the time for follow up: Please call us 2 weeks BEFORE you run out of your medications to set up appointment.
If you fail to set up appointment or we are not able to see you before you run out of your medication, we will refill your medications for two weeks to ensure that you are seen before you run out of your medications next time.
If it is not the time for follow up: then please follow following guidelines-
- call your pharmacy at least 5 business days before you run out of your medications and tell pharmacist which medication you need refilled. (If you call us first, we will ask you to call the pharmacy.)
- We do not refill medication after business hours or on the weekends.
3. Administrative Fee Charges:
FMLA paperwork, disability paperwork, medical supplies renewal, copy of health record and other medically necessary paperwork takes time.
For the forms that need to be completed/reviewed by the physicians a fee of $25.00 will be charged, in some cases an office visit will be required as well.
Other administrative task that need to performed by office staff or mailed out, fee is charged as follows.
Pages 1 – 20 : $20.00 flat fee
Pages 20+ : $0.50 per page
Postage : Actual cost of mailing
VIRTUAL VISIT POLICY:
Virtual visit or Telemedicine is a service ONLY for patients who have established care with Denton Family Practice Clinic.
Click HERE to find out more
- INSURANCES ACCEPTED:
Following is the list of Insurances we accept. Please call our office for up-to-date listing.
- Aetna HMO/PPO/Medicare
- Beech Street (Multiplan) – PPO
- BlueCross BlueShield of TX – PPO, POS, Traditional
- Health Smart
- HMO Blue Texas – HMO
- Humana Commercial
- Humana Medicare
- Medicare Traditional
- Multiplan – PPO
- Private HealthCare System PPO (MPI) – PPO
- Private HealthCare System Savility PPO (MPI) – PPO
- Three Rivers Provider Network – PPO
- Tricare (Humana Military Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- USA MCO
NO INSURANCE…NO PROBLEM…CALL OUR OFFICE FOR DISCOUNTED CASH PRICES FOR CONSULTATION, LABS AND RADIOLOGY.