A typical guacamole accommodates 200 energy per half cup, as heart-healthy avocados pack a high-calorie punch. So why not attempt making guacamole with asparagus as a substitute? Asparagus gives the gut-healthy prebiotic, inulin. It is usually a wealthy supply of vitamin Ok and B-vitamins. Substituting asparagus for avocado additionally slashes energy — whittling them all the way down to 30 energy per serving.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit tutorial medical middle. Promoting on our website helps assist our mission. We don’t endorse non-Cleveland Clinic services or products. Policy
Serve with greens comparable to cucumber, crimson peppers, celery or carrots as a substitute of chips for much more calorie financial savings.
1.5 kilos asparagus, with robust a part of stalk eliminated and lower into 1- to 2-inch items
1 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
¼ cups chopped cilantro
three inexperienced onions, root suggestions discarded and chopped into small items
½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
1 Tbsp finely minced garlic
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes sizzling sauce
Salt and pepper to style
1 giant tomato, diced
- Prep greens and herbs.
- Put an inch of water in a pot and insert a steamer basket. Cowl and convey to boil.
- Add asparagus to steamer, cowl pot, flip down warmth to medium-low and steam for five minutes or till tender.
- Toss all components, with exception of tomatoes, right into a blender or meals processor and puree till clean.
- Scoop right into a bowl and chill till cool.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes.
Makes 10 servings.
Whole fats: 0g
Saturated fats: 0g
Trans fats: 0g
Ldl cholesterol: 0mg
Whole Carbohydrate: 6g
Recipe offered by Digestive Illness Well being Crew Dietitians