You probably have a longing for cheesecake, do that ingenious and scrumptious model. High this lighter model with some fruit and revel in for beneath 200 energy.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit tutorial medical middle. Promoting on our web site helps assist our mission. We don’t endorse non-Cleveland Clinic services or products. Policy
For the crust:
9 entire graham crackers (5 ounces), damaged into tough items and processed in a meals processor to effective crumbs (about 1 ¼ cups)
four tablespoons Sensible Stability unfold, melted
½ tablespoon Splenda Mix sugar substitute
For the filling:
1 pound 1% cottage cheese
1 pound gentle cream cheese, at room temperature
*Eight ounces yogurt cheese (See instructions beneath if you wish to make your individual) or 1 pint non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
¼ teaspoon desk salt
¾-1 cup Splenda mix sugar substitute
½-1 teaspoon lemon zest (may use orange zest)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
three massive eggs, at room temperature
Vegetable cooking spray
*Learn how to make yogurt cheese, if desired:
Wanted: 1 pint (2 cups) non fats or low-fat plain yogurt.
- Line a strainer with a espresso filter, cheesecloth, or paper towels and place over a bowl.
- Put the yogurt within the strainer and refrigerate for at the least 4 hours or in a single day. The longer the yogurt drains, the thicker the “cheese” turns into. Draining in a single day will provide you with a comfortable cream cheese-like consistency.
- Yogurt cheese ought to be saved within the fridge and can maintain for a few week. One pint (2 cups) yogurt yields roughly 1 cup (Eight ounces) yogurt cheese.
To make crust:
- Modify an oven rack to the center place and warmth the oven to 325 levels.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar collectively in a medium bowl.
- Switch combination to a 9” springform pan and press evenly into the pan backside.
- Bake the crust till aromatic and starting to brown, Eight-10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack whereas getting ready the filling.
To make filling:
- Enhance the oven temperature to 500 levels. Line a medium bowl with a clear dishtowel or a number of layers of paper towels. Spoon the cottage cheese into the bowl and let drain for 30 minutes.
- Course of the drained cottage cheese in a meals processor till clean and no seen lumps stay, about 1 minute, scraping down the work bowl a few times.
- Add the cream cheese and yogurt cheese and course of till clean, 1-2 minutes, scraping down the work bowl a few times. Add the salt, sugar substitute, lemon zest, and vanilla and proceed to course of till clean, about 1 minute, scraping down the work bowl as soon as or twice. With the processor operating, add the eggs, separately and course of till clean.
- Being cautious to not disturb the baked crust, spray the perimeters of the springform pan with vegetable oil spray. Set the springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and bake 10 minutes.
- With out opening the oven door, scale back the oven temperature to 200 levels and proceed to bake till an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the cheesecake reads 150 levels, about 1 to 1 ½ hours. (Baking time varies relying upon how slowly the oven temperature drops from 500 levels to 200 levels. Examine after 1 hour.)
- Switch the cake to a wire rack, and run a paring knife across the fringe of the cake.
- Let cool till barely heat, 2 ½ to three hours, operating a paring knife across the fringe of the cake each hour or so. Wrap the pan tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate till chilly, at the least three hours, however ideally in a single day.
- To unmold the cheesecake, wrap a sizzling kitchen towel across the springform pan and let stand for 10 minutes. Take away the perimeters of the pan and blot any extra moisture from the highest of the cheesecake with paper towels.
- Let the cheesecake stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then lower into wedges.
Every serving incorporates:
Complete fats: 9 g
Saturated fats: four g
Trans fats: zero g
Protein: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Dietary fiber: zero g
Ldl cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 350 mg
Potassium: 85 mg
Supply: Recipe courtesy of dietitian Melissa Ohlson, MS, RD, LD